Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Kathleen Newman " The Back Road"


Kathleen Newman
Oil
18"x18"
http://www.klhnewman.com/

Originally from Singapore, I moved to Canada in late 2002. I started my working life in medical research after doing a Masters degree in Human Physiology but have spent the rest of my life returning to my childhood interest in the Fine Arts. I made a late career switch into graphic design after receiving training in medical illustration and attending workshops in graphic design in the USA and New Zealand. I attended numerous art classes in various countries and became an exhibiting artist in the late 1990's. Kathleen is presently a student in the Certificate of Fine Arts program at U of A Extension and will be participating in the class exhibition " Group of Seventeen" at Enterprise Square, Edmonton, June 23 to July 7, 2011.