Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Linda Daoust " Cold Hard" 2011

Linda Daoust

Cold Hard

Acrylic on Canvas

2011



From the moment of conception our cells are equal. What exactly happens to these cells to create good or evil? How does evil change us?  How can good change us? Can we change through osmosis…or do we change because of attrition? Do we even have the biological capacity to change? In death we are equal again. As our cells break down we become one and the same. Can we separate “bad” cells from the“good ones”? Is there a difference?

I want to look deep inside us all: to try to understand what we are doing to this planet. Paint on canvas is just touching the surface, however the longer I spend on a particular canvas the deeper I go into my psyche to try to understand what motivates me….and perhaps by spending some time looking at my paintings I can reach inside of you…..and together we can discover something about the human condition, the Human Stain.

linda.daoust@shaw.ca

www.artistsincanada.com/daoust

Willow Studio, Calgary and Saskatoon

No comments:

Post a Comment