Monday, July 9, 2012

Coming of Age: The Graduates

Callista MacLennan, "what i want you to know...", digital photograph, 7.5' x 3'
Grande Prairie Regional College grad MacLennan says of her work: "I draw influences from everywhere, and have learned from paying attention to the passion and concept behind an artist's work. I live my life with my eyes wide open, not discarding a thought, idea, or object until I have thought about it and all it could mean."


"Coming of Age: The Graduates" is a group show featuring the work of recent art school graduates. Ten artists were selected from five Albertan communities: Edmonton, Calgary, Red Deer, Grande Prairie, and Lethbridge. The show runs at the Visual Arts Alberta Gallery until July 14. The gallery is open Wed-Fri from 10-4 pm and Sat from 12-4 pm. The gallery will be closed on June 30 for Canada Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment