Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Bits and Pieces: Patricia Coulter

"Blaze of Glory", mixed media on canvas, 18" x 24"
Coulter describes her process this way: I usually have some theme or inspiration in my mind before beginning a piece, and then being by gluing, with an archival glue, some remnants from my daily life - receipt from a restaurant, a page torn from an old book, etc and let it dry. Then I start with a few charcoal pencil lines to lightly sketch in a landscape scene. This gives me a start but no telling where the painting will go from there. I then begin putting paint on, I add a few drips, I add more paper, more paint, and on it goes! I have been very pleased with the results I’ve achieved - I find the whole process is encouraging, creative, and inspiring!

View Coulter's mixed media work in her exhibition "Bits and Pieces", on now at the Visual Arts Alberta Gallery. Showing alongside Coulter is the photographic work of Jean-Rene Leblanc in "Presentification of Paradise". Both shows are up until December 6, 2014

Visual Arts Alberta Gallery is open from Wed-Fri, 10am-4pm and Sat, 12-4pm. The Gallery is closed for holidays and holiday weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment