Sunday, June 30, 2013

ACAD in Edmonton

Jake Klein-Waller, To Fall on Your Sword, fallen branch, matte photo print, silver, rocks, 42” x 25” x
50”, 2013

 Klein-Waller describes his process this way: In my work I am attempting to explore ideas of silence, time, place, consciousness, and mortality. I often break these concepts down in to binaries, such as absence and presence, then through my work I attempt to portray both at the same time, creating an area in between the two.


ACAD in Edmonton features the work of 10 students from the Alberta College of Art + Design. Exploring a wide range of issues, concepts, and media, ACAD in Edmonton reveals where ACAD is presently and where it's headed. Check out the exciting work of these emerging artists until July 20, 2013 and plan to attend our opening reception on Thursday, June 20, from 6-9:30pm. Visual Arts Alberta Gallery is open from Wed-Fri: 10-4pm and Sat: 12-4pm. We will be closed on Saturday, June 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment